New York, NY - The following are some highlights of the 2014 Cleaning Industry Insights report, a national survey among managers of cleaning operations from several industries:
Customer satisfaction and related concerns are important:
- “Keeping customers satisfied” is a top priority.
- Causes of concern include “customer dissatisfaction”, both in terms of business in general, and when it comes to cleaning or disinfection as it relates to their business.
- “Quality of work” is also viewed as a top challenge with managing cleaning staff.
Efficiency also emerges as important in a variety of ways:
- One of the top qualities viewed as best defining value as it relates to cleaning products used within their business is that of “high quality or effectiveness”, while “products that get the job done the first time” is viewed as among the most helpful factors in performing cleaning services.
- Few report that their businesses are not taking a “doing more with less approach” due to the economic climate.
- “Loss of work productivity” is among the top challenges to cleaning-related training.
Most expect business in their sector to improve within the next 12 months.
For more information please download the full report.
This study was conducted online, May 1-7, 2014.The sample consists of 401 managers of cleaning operations based in the United States from the following industries: Food Service (n=100), Hospitality/ Lodging (n=100), Commercial (n=100), and Healthcare (n=101). Margins of sampling error at a 95 percent confidence level would be +/- 5 percentage points for respondents from all industries combined if conducted using a probabilistic sample; the margin of error would be larger within sub-groupings of the survey population. Throughout this document, total percentages may not add up to 100% due to rounding.
For more information on this news release please contact:
Associate Vice President
Ipsos Public Affairs
About Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs is a non-partisan, objective, survey-based research practice made up of seasoned professionals. We conduct strategic research initiatives for a diverse number of American and international organizations, based not only on public opinion research, but elite stakeholder, corporate, and media opinion research.
Ipsos has media partnerships with the most prestigious news organizations around the world. In Canada, the U.S., UK, and internationally, Ipsos Public Affairs is the media polling supplier to Reuters News, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company. We provide boutique-style customer service and work closely with our clients, while also undertaking global research.
To learn more visit: www.ipsos-na.com
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks third in the global research industry.
With offices in 86 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across six research specializations: advertising, customer loyalty, marketing, media, public affairs research, and survey management.
Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe.
Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,712,4 million (2 274 M$) in 2013.
Visit www.ipsos.com to learn more about Ipsos’ offerings and capabilities.