Health & Pharmaceuticals Research
Ipsos Healthcare is a worldwide specialization that focuses on understanding the motivations, experiences, interactions and influences of the multiple stakeholders who impact the success of a product within the pharmaceutical industry.
Our work focuses on:
- Providing a holistic view across all stakeholders who play a role in the customer landscape (from patients and caregivers to physicians and pharmacists, or politicians and reimbursement decision makers)
- Combining in depth knowledge of different healthcare systems and policy issues to provide the context for the interpretation of research outcomes
- Designing specialist approaches to address business issues and adapting to changes in the market environment
- Market understanding, market access, product evaluation and positioning, U&A, forecasting and brand optimization research – both qualitative and quantitative research
We provide our clients with strategic direction in response to their business issues and a roadmap for tactical action planning. These are developed through our deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and its market dynamics. We like to present solutions to our clients in interactive forums or workshops at the end of a piece of research, as we believe this brings the research outputs closer to the end-users in order to make effective business decisions. We are equipped and enthusiastic to provide this consultation beyond just reporting research results.
Our research approach is developed from an integrated framework of thinking, which focuses on the interaction of the multiple customer groups pharmaceutical companies have to focus on. We utilize a framework of thinking rather than limiting ourselves to an off-the-shelf product. We use modular approaches, rather than branded solutions to a business issue, as we believe that every product and every therapy area has its unique challenges that cannot be force-fit into a single-solution approach.
We believe in:
- A framework of thinking for key business issues, which enables both global consistency and at the same time local tailoring to individual market conditions
- Providing respondents with realistic prescribing scenarios to react to, rather than relying on claimed behavior
- Assessing issues from multiple view points, for instance, establishing the emotional, behavioral and environmental factors impacting behavior, in addition to the rational
- Using non-verbal data capture, such as ethnography and patient illustrations to enrich and deepen quantitative data
Across markets, we have in-house, healthcare specialized moderators for qualitative research who understand how to conduct deep analysis in a single market and how to scale this across numerous markets.
Healthcare Dynamics Model
A comprehensive research approach developed in response to new multi-customer markets to help pharmaceutical organizations understand the key dynamics driving the market, as well as future opportunities for growth
A brand assessment and tracking research approach that reveals which pharmaceutical brands have a champion edge, and what other brands can do to get it
A comprehensive research approach used to gauge the potential for prescription medications among consumers by analyzing the five Ps: disease Prevalence, habits and Practices, attitudes and Perceptions, Prospects for concepts and segmentation, and Projections
A modular approach to ATU pre-and post launch tracking with normative measures, a Brand Optimizer analysis provides insight into how your brand is performing and what the opportunities are to optimize its position in market